How to Remove Warm Tones From Blonde Hair Extensions without Damage
If you have ever purchased blonde hair extensions in the past, you know they almost always come with a slightly warm, brassy tone. This is due to the fact that the hair has been bleached, but it has not been toned. It is possible to match your new extensions with your blonde hair if your hair is entirely natural and untoned, however most likely your extensions will need to be toned as well if your hair has had any kind of toning treatment.
Purple shampoo is an easy way to tone your extensions at home.
To achieve a cool platinum blonde, choose Light Vanilla Platinum Blonde #60b Portia & Alexa Hair Extensions. Purchase a good toning shampoo. We suggest De Lorenzo Nova Fusion Silver Shampoo, not only is it a quality Australian product, but it is also vegan and cruelty-free!
For natural and colour enhanced hair types, the Novafusion Colour Care range works in synergy with your hair colour to control and prevent colour fade. Novafusion Colour Care Range is specifically designed with paraben-free preservation and coconut fatty acid-derived cleansing systems, which are both in line with De Lorenzo's philosophy. Various natural ingredients are used in the Novafusion range to rejuvenate hair, including kakadu plum, rooibos, willowbark, and hawthorn.
Blonde and lightened hair will benefit from the Novafusion Silver Shampoo. As a result of its UV inhibitors, this silver shampoo enhances the colour of your hair while reducing unwanted brassy, yellow tones associated with blonde hair. This shampoo smooths and softens the cuticles of your hair with native plant extracts of Kakadu Plum, Rooibos, Birch and Willowbark.
Step By Step Method:
- Wet the extensions. (before installation)
- In a bowl, combine shampoo with warm water and gently stir.
- The first thing you should do is test a small section of your hair. (Be careful not to apply shampoo directly to your hair, since it can leave purple patches!)
- You should rinse each weft one at a time, taking care not to overtone. This should take less than a minute per weft.
- Rinse the hair in another bowl of clean water and condition with a good conditioner..
- Let your extensions air dry after conditioning - then style as usual.